Alphabet Challenge: Great ipad accessories

i am not an Apple fan boi.. or fan ghoul, but i do own an ipod and an ipad, as far as light weight, easily transportable, user friendly, long battery life computing goes, the ipad wins with me!

I own a 64gb, 3G sim + wifi, ipad 2, and have had it for over a year, in that time i have downloaded a variety of different apps, and used different accessories with it; which has led me to write this blog post, to share with all of you dear Batings, the accessories i NEED to have, want to have, and a wishlist for my ipad!

I welcome comments from other tablet computing users on your fave apps, ios or android, or ..whatever os you use, and your fave accessories!

so lets get on with G alphabet challenge blog post, and talk about GREAT accessories... G is for Great....

COVER

First of all, a sturdy cover is a MUST! I am not the most graceful of Goths, and i do have a habit of tripping over my doc martens, while wearing them, and getting my lace skirts caught in whatever i happen to be passing.. i also have a nasty habit of dropping things. i have a few different covers for my ipad, two silicon gel type squishy covers, a zip closure ipad bag type cover and a polyurethene folder type cover. I have recently ordered a hard shell cover for it and hope to recieve that soon! My ipad is well dressed and enjoys a variety of covers depending on his mood.... that reminds me Batlings, my ipad has a name, he is called Newton... after Sir Isaac, and also after Apple Computings PDA attempt which was called Newton... a little in geeky joke you see.. hmmm.ok ..anyway my ipad is named Newton.

SCREEN PROTECTOR

next in my list of ipad MUST have accessories is a stick on screen protector. Sure the ipad has a hardened glass screen with some kind of oily fingerprint repellant, but who wants to risk a scratched screen?? i have a slightly glossy screen protector and it has been on my ipad since i bought it 18 months ago, it is still going well and does not need replacing so far. i feel less fearful about scratching or dropping nail polish or ink or something on my ipad screen and permanently harming it, as the screen protector plastic is cheap and easily replaceable.

ELECTRIC PLUG CHARGER THINGO, SPARES

the ipad needs a full current to charge from, it cant obtain sufficient charge from usb 2.0 to charge, so do not forget to get your self a spare charger that plugs into the electrical socket! that way you can have one for home and one for work.. or for home and for travel... or if you are like me and lose stuff, a spare is a GREAT idea... unless you lose it too of course...

STYLUS

maybe not an essential to many of you, and the late Steve Jobs apparently felt that a stylus was not needed or wanted with an ipad, but i use my ipad for a heap of different things, including drawing ideas for craft projects, so a stylus is a useful addition to my ipad accessories!

KEYBOARD

so, i have struggled with the itty bitty flat unresponsive blah virtual keyboard on the ipad, for 18 months ... until i went to a conference, and while sitting with a mate i noticed he was using a groovy teeny real 3d responsive lightweight uber cool bluetooth keyboard with his ipad!! ihave decided that for long documents, such as for note taking, email, and blog writing, the ipad external bluetooth connecting keyboard is a must have accessory!!!

SPEAKERS

recently i was rather unwell, and alas quite incapacitated and had taken to my bed, i was sick Batlings, oh so sick, but i still needed some fun distraction. Too ill to read, or draw, i decided i wanted to watch some videos... i streamed them from my pc to my ipad, and used my bluetooth speakers to provide better clearer louder sound quality!

SCREEN WIPES

okay back to the screen again, but less face it the ipad is one big screen!! I like to keep the screen clear, un smudged and disinfected, so i use LCD screen wipes on the screen. WOrk well, clean it, and dries clear and unsmudgy!!

MEMORY CARD ADAPTOR/READER

if i want to import pix straight from my memory card to my ipad, i use a nifty little plug in thingo that has a place for the card and it plugs into the base of the ipad where the charger thigno goes. Anoher GREAT accessory as i can transfer m camera pix speedily to the ipad using this!

This is my top list of GREATS for my ipad. What ipad/tablet accessories do you use and think are great???










 

3 comments:

  1. Nice thing that we should have a list of our gadget's accessories, meaning we give much importance to it. These accessories play a vital role in our gadget to make it lasts long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to add your comments - please note comments will only be visible after moderation