Ready for the Documented Life Project 2015

I purchased the gorgeous Dylusions Journal as part of my participation in the Documented Life Project 2015, and reviewed the journal in a blog post.

Today I decided to decorate the cover of it.
  • I started with a wash of green, blue and yellow watercolour paint.
  • Then I painted in scroll framework, a monogramme of 'DLP', and started to paint in detail of the greenery and a castle.
  • Once the paint was dry I added some metallic gold ink to add some lustre.
  • I then glued a chipboard lattice gothic style gate to it
My decorated DLP 2015 cover
I haven't decided whether or not to varnish the completed cover yet.
Maybe I should, just to ensure that if the cover gets wet, it won't ruin the decoration!

I have also added a gold tassel bookmark to the journal.

tassel bookmark added
All ready for DLP 2015

Are you joining in with the Documented Life Project?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to see how you are decorating your journals too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comments - please note comments will only be visible after moderation